Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wifi, blizzards, and birthdays

My internet connection is still on the fritz (possibly because of this Class Three Killstorm that's hit the NY area?) but my kind neighbor lent me his wifi password. Eternally grateful! I love you, internet; let's never fight again!

I spent about 60 minutes on the phone with the DSL company today. I always try to be nice to tech support people because I actually worked at a computer help desk years ago, but it's hard to stay calm when the bureaucracy of the company itself is so infuriating. I spoke to several different representatives who communicated incorrect info about my situation to the next person and I had to keep correcting them, telling them which lights on the modem were actually solid, blinking, etc.

Later today I braved the blizzard to help out my friends who are putting on a show downtown. Then it took about an hour and a half to get back home (twice as long as it should have, conservatively) because of a smoke condition in a subway tunnel. I ended up having to backtrack and ended up taking a grand total of six different trains for a few stops apiece. Between this and the DSL, I wasted so much time today. I did cook dinner though, my famous feta chicken with zucchini, so huzzah!

Tomorrow is my husband's 35th birthday. Wow, he could run for president now. But he probably wouldn't get very far for other reasons -- too honest, too Jewish, etc. But then again I'd despise being First Lady anyway. If people reported on what I wore every day and ignored what I said, I'd go nuts on everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment