Monday, February 15, 2010

Daytime TV... again! :-P

I feel I can geek out here on my blog, so I'll say this again: Daytime TV is pretty awesome. My recently unemployed friend who I had lunch with today reminded me: that last hour of the Today show with Kathy Lee and Hoda -- amazing! It's the secret hour of the Today show that working people don't know about.

Is it terrible to DVR both Dr Phil and Dr Oz (both on at 3pm), and watch them before getting to Oprah, which tapes at 4pm? I just wish all this self-improvement were on earlier in the day so there would still be daylight hours left when I'm all inspired to change my life.

Also, I've never explored the Netflix "watch instantly" feature until the middle of last night when I watched the first eight episodes of 30 Rock. It's been one of my favorite shows and I secretly want to be Tina Fey when I grow up (or at least some combination of Andrew Lloyd Webber, Michael Jackson, and Tina Fey... yeah, that would be perfect), so I figured I should catch up on the earlier episodes. Tina Fey's brand of comedy is pitch-perfect in my opinion, although a couple of the earliest 30 Rock episodes are weird! The pilot kind of freaked me out, but most pilots do.

Hmm, what's on today? No........ must...clean...apartment.... ooh, it's the "Dr Phil family" episode with a shocking revelation! I bet someone is pregnant. I think we have a winner....

1 comment:

  1. Dr Phil Update: yes, Alex is pregnant and I was right. I must be psychic, or they left enough hints.

    ReplyDelete