Friday, January 22, 2010

Waking up is hard to do

I have said that in my post 9-to-6 days, I'd be awake by 9am and dressed and finished with breakfast by 10am. So far it's been a struggle to wake up before 10am. I think I'm catching up on five years on being sleep-deprived! I hope to turn it around soon though.

I have to say it is really enticing to do absolutely nothing. I will have to fight hard to motivate myself! The TODAY show for instance -- I used to only watch a few minutes around 8am.... but did you know there are like seven hours of it, and the later hours are even crazier (i.e. full of Kathy Lee Gifford)?

Actually, now I see how much daytime TV has improved since my childhood. Back then it seemed to be mostly soaps and trashier talk shows like Springer, Sally Jessy, etc. (not that I'm knocking those... they taught me a lot about drag queens and paternity tests). Now you can fill a whole day with "good" talk shows like Ellen, Oprah, Dr Phil, Martha, The View, Dr Oz... even the Bonnie Hunt show isn't bad! Haha, this might be the most embarrassing paragraph I've ever written, but so be it. Daytime TV rocks!

But I'm not going to spend my whole life in front of the TV. Then I'd be neglecting my true love, the internet! :)

In seriousness, I have done some productive things in the last couple of days. Yesterday I joined two friends/former colleagues for lunch, walked 3.5 miles home for exercise and fresh air (now my body aches as I haven't worked out since it got cold out), spent an hour on the phone with Verizon fixing my internet connection, unpacked more stuff, and cooked dinner (!).

Today I'm catching up on lots of little errands and will attend a reading of a new musical that my husband is playing on. I always wanted to be able to see industry readings during the day, and now I finally can!

2 comments:

  1. I made a fabulous salad! I know some would not consider that "cooking" per se, but it was very elaborate with some ingredients that were sauteed.

    ReplyDelete