Sunday, January 10, 2010

RAGTIME closes today

RAGTIME, which closes today, is one of the most beautifully staged Broadway productions I have seen in a long time. I saw it twice in the last few weeks and was moved to tears. I wish more people could have experienced it.

I'm depressed that it couldn't last, though I understand its problem was marketing, not anything on stage. Maybe that's more depressing actually.

There are times when I wonder, "If this doesn't work, how will my ideas ever stand a chance?" I don't throw in the towel, but premature closings like this one make it tempting.

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to have caught the last show - and my thoughts were -- how can I ever come up with anything *this good*? The staging, performances and music were stunningly rendered.

    ReplyDelete