Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year, New Blog, New Neener!

You may be thinking: "Just what the world needs, another 20-something creative type blogging about how special she thinks her life is."

Well.... interesting thought. Maybe I should just quit now. But that's what "The Old Neener" would do.

In 2010 I am now "The New Neener" and things may be starting to go my way! Even if they're not, I vow to have a better attitude about life and, at the very least, not spend every post on this blog bitching and moaning about stuff (like my last blarg, I mean blog.... which irritates me every time I look back at it now). And I won't self-promote constantly. Or pretend I have the single most interesting life in the whole world (only my biggest fans think that, and there are only maybe two of those so far).

But I do want to chronicle a new era in my life. In nine days I will depart my job after five years there. In a way it feels like graduating, since it feels like I've been in a practical classroom in a way. Sometimes I refer to my job as my "masters in commercial theatre producing" since that's what it feels like! And since I've worked at this job longer than I've attended any one school, I feel so comfortable there and will really miss it. Since I began immediately following college, I have practically grown up there. And I haven't had a break without knowing what the "next step" is in... well, ever!

People's first question when I tell them I am leaving my job is, "Where are you going?" and I have said, "Well, I'm not sure yet" or "I don't have any SPECIFIC plans." In a way, I feel like I'm climbing a steep, spiraling staircase while blindfolded. I have no idea how many steps there are or what's at the top, and I just hope I'm at least on the right staircase.

Actually, I do have some specific plans (which I'll leave for a future blog post -- cliffhanger!) but they don't involve going somewhere from 9 to 6 every day, at least for the time being.

So come along for the journey if you like! I've never not known as much as I don't know now, so it might be entertaining to see what happens to me. Who knows? I certainly don't, and I love it.

Your friend,
Neener

(or Janine, J9, JM, J-Mac, Nee-Nee... I answer to many names)

No comments:

Post a Comment